..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Already Married!

I just had a hissy fit with my bf about how comfortable he is getting at my house. We've been together for over two years now and I think he's getting quite comfortable - it's like we're already married. I had to remind him tonight that we aren't...that perhaps we need to ease up on our comfort zone a bit.

We're slowly discovering little habits that we have that annoy each other. For example, I tend to leave kleenex balls and half-finished glasses of juice all over my room which annoys him to death and he...he is just learning how to do the dishes with soap. He says that he's scared because I'm so young and already set in my ways about how to do things. That statement alone drew me back about 10 feet.

Is this part of an adjustment phase that I'm going through? I mean, I AM used to doing things a certain way. For example, I like sleeping with four pillows.. a long one in the back, two pillows propped up, and a center feather pillow. When my bf comes over, he likes to mess up all the pillows, take my comfortable feather one and throw the long pillow aside because he says it's too many pillows for one bed. So I go along with it...even though I sleep better with the way I set it up. But to accommodate him, I deal with it. But I think about it EVERY time we are heading for bed... about how he's gonna mess up my pillows! LOL! I know it sounds absurd...and I'm laughing out loud as I write this but I'm having a really difficult time sharing my space.

I know that he is the one for me and there is no one else I would rather spend everyday with...but I think there needs to be a bit more compromise on my part. I can definitely be stubborn sometimes and I'm blunt about how *I* would do things.

*sigh*...how do I adjust without feeling as if I'm ending up with the shorter end of the straw? We're supposed to compromise right? I always say that you learn something about your significant other everyday - well, we're definitely learning some new things about each other everyday, that's for sure!

2 Comments:

  • i have never been in a romantic relationship but i can still understand because i find it hard to compromise in my closest relationships with friends and family.
    it's strange because at times you're willing to give the world, the sun, moon and stars to the people you love, but if they ask you for the smallest thing or annoy you in the smallest way-- IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!! hahaha
    it's crazy how love affects us, but i think instead of fearing it, we should embrace the new.
    perhaps it's the "Charlotte" in me that like the idea of depending on someone-- because i dont see it as become less of a woman or individual, but more of a lover, partner...BUNGEE JUMPING into the unknown! ;) there will ALWAYS be a chord, but you gotta fall!

    By Blogger Nadie, at 1:29 PM  

  • You're so right, Nad... love affects me in a way I can't even explain. I would do anything for him...and yet, it is the smallest things that seem to get to me...that become "too much for me to handle." I think I should learn how to not sweat the small stuff...perhaps we are just trying to learn from each other.
    Perhaps being independent was a goal I previously had and have achieved...and this new form of individuality...learning how to be a lover, partner, etc...is my next goal. I've yet to achieve it...one day.

    By Blogger Mandy Lam, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home