The Westover Inn
Just got back from a nice weekend at The Westover Inn with SS. We had won an overnight package from his Christmas party at this fine-dining bed and breafast/inn (www.westoverinn.com). There is something about being in a really old, refinished house that made me feel at ease with the world. We got to St. Mary's early and decided to drive around the town and take pictures. We drove along Thames River and took some many wonderful pictures. Upon arriving at the inn, we had a room upgrade and were placed in the Manor King Suite...beautiful. I was really impressed by the state of the inn... it was old...but so elegant and soft.
The best part about this experience, besides lounging in terry-cloth robes with my man, was being able to just lie in bed and read. Relaxing without an upcoming agenda...fine-dining for two hours and not realizing the time...It's nice to know that despite the hectic world around you, you can escape to such places and not have a sense of time.
I'd definitely recommend it. Not just the inn... but escaping to a place where time isn't a factor... where everything stops and you get to explore how beautiful the old world used to be.
The best part about this experience, besides lounging in terry-cloth robes with my man, was being able to just lie in bed and read. Relaxing without an upcoming agenda...fine-dining for two hours and not realizing the time...It's nice to know that despite the hectic world around you, you can escape to such places and not have a sense of time.
I'd definitely recommend it. Not just the inn... but escaping to a place where time isn't a factor... where everything stops and you get to explore how beautiful the old world used to be.


2 Comments:
sounds absolutely wonderful mandy... glad you guys enjoyed yourselves :)
By
mamastella, at 11:22 PM
Thanks Chica :) I had a great time. I don't wanna go back to school...everyday, we are nearing the end...I saw your msn name: "Vietnam January 2006?" Are you set to go gf!? Imma gonna miss u...
By
Mandy Lam, at 1:22 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home