Convocation 2005
There is definitely a sense of achievement when you convocate...but it's more of a closure than anything for me. It feels like one chapter is complete. I got a wonderful card from SS and I've been reading it over and over again... it has such a beautiful message and I wanted to share it with my friends (hope he doesn't mind - the message is just so beautifully said, it'd be a shame not to pass it along):
As you graduate...
A woman defines herself...
in her style, her confidence, in her freedom, her integrity.
As you step into the future, know yourself well and life will be sweeter
Be true to who you are and to the person you want to become.
Know where you'll go, how high you want to fly,
and how many mountains you want to cross.
Never lose sight of your dream,
because only you have the map and the vision to make it come true.
Good wishes will be with you
every step of the way...
It's a really powerful message, I think, because it encourages you to keep dreaming and being true to your own wants and achievements. Going out in the world, I think we are all swayed by a certain lifestyle...and idealistic reality...and it's hard to remain faithful to your own beliefs.
Graduating with my friends meant so much to me...being able to be with those girls.. spend 5 years together in school and walk out together was the most significant part. Afterwards, we took pictures together and our families all met at once. It was pretty wonderful.
It's been a great 5 years girls...and I hope we all keep in touch. Either way, we are binded by this experience forever. Thanks for everything!
As you graduate...
A woman defines herself...
in her style, her confidence, in her freedom, her integrity.
As you step into the future, know yourself well and life will be sweeter
Be true to who you are and to the person you want to become.
Know where you'll go, how high you want to fly,
and how many mountains you want to cross.
Never lose sight of your dream,
because only you have the map and the vision to make it come true.
Good wishes will be with you
every step of the way...
It's a really powerful message, I think, because it encourages you to keep dreaming and being true to your own wants and achievements. Going out in the world, I think we are all swayed by a certain lifestyle...and idealistic reality...and it's hard to remain faithful to your own beliefs.
Graduating with my friends meant so much to me...being able to be with those girls.. spend 5 years together in school and walk out together was the most significant part. Afterwards, we took pictures together and our families all met at once. It was pretty wonderful.
It's been a great 5 years girls...and I hope we all keep in touch. Either way, we are binded by this experience forever. Thanks for everything!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home