A Note in Music Appreciation
I was watching the special on VH1 about Nirvana the other week and I must say, I gained a whole new appreciation for the band. I mean, watching that documentary made me a bigger fan...and I was overcome with a new appreciation for the band.
Kurt Cobain's voice... was always amazing.. but to hear the outtakes... to hear his voice without the instrumental background... was almost shocking. His recording of "Something in the Way" was AMAZING! If you get a chance to see this documentary, I highly recommend watching it. For those who are not Nirvana fans...watching this documentary may give you a new respect for the band.
Along the years, I think I've lost this appreciation for music. In high school, I had such an appreciation for the creators of music and I knew that the creative process was one that took extreme talent and patience. I would sit at my piano... with my eyes closed and play until my fingers ached. Where that love for music went, I'm not really sure...Perhaps I've lost faith in music creation with the emergence of these new bands that have no depth. The new generation of music has really lost its creative side...images are so produced that it's no longer about the MUSIC. It's more about who's got the most skimpiest outfit or who can wear the darkest eyeliner.
Watching this documentary on Nirvana really reminded me of why I love music. It's so great.. being able to express your emotions - lyrically and musically. I think music inspired me to write, inspired me to use my creativity. I don't know what I would have done without my music in those high school years where my room was my only haven, with music as my only company.
Kurt Cobain's voice... was always amazing.. but to hear the outtakes... to hear his voice without the instrumental background... was almost shocking. His recording of "Something in the Way" was AMAZING! If you get a chance to see this documentary, I highly recommend watching it. For those who are not Nirvana fans...watching this documentary may give you a new respect for the band.
Along the years, I think I've lost this appreciation for music. In high school, I had such an appreciation for the creators of music and I knew that the creative process was one that took extreme talent and patience. I would sit at my piano... with my eyes closed and play until my fingers ached. Where that love for music went, I'm not really sure...Perhaps I've lost faith in music creation with the emergence of these new bands that have no depth. The new generation of music has really lost its creative side...images are so produced that it's no longer about the MUSIC. It's more about who's got the most skimpiest outfit or who can wear the darkest eyeliner.
Watching this documentary on Nirvana really reminded me of why I love music. It's so great.. being able to express your emotions - lyrically and musically. I think music inspired me to write, inspired me to use my creativity. I don't know what I would have done without my music in those high school years where my room was my only haven, with music as my only company.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home