..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

CRASH

"Its the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In LA, nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

Saw the movie CRASH yesterday and I must say that it's definitely one of those movies that just....affects you. With themes of helplessness, racism, sexism, despair and hope, this movie left me with an uneasiness that I can't seem to describe.

"You think you know yourself..."

Sometimes we think we are so morally high...so righteous in our own beliefs and when we are put in situations that cause us to put those beliefs to use, it becomes a question of circumstance. We start to make excuses for our own behaviour, we start to justify stepping out of our moral boundaries.

We can all say we're not racist or sexist...but we all prejudge in our minds when we see images of different races. This prejudgment is inate..and I wonder sometimes if we can ever be rid of this flaw of humankind. This movie really shows that sometimes racism doesn't breed racism... that sometimes it's grown from within a person's own experiences and observations...there are good people out there who turn bad... and there are bad people who find redemption when they least expect it and become good people.

There is a hope in this world that we may all one day be united. It's funny how a movie can leave you with such strong emotions. I walked out of the theatre and was kind of in awe, not knowing what to think. The performances are really good...and I kept thinking... someone sat down and wrote a story about how people's lives are intertwined...that we are all more similar than we think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home