What Can You Live With?
There comes a point in your life where you have to make decisions about certain relationships in your life - whether it be friendships, intimate relationships, family, etc. You gotta ask yourself what you can live with and what will help you sleep sounder at night.
With friendships, I know sometimes it's hard to let go of people you've grown close to throughout the years. But people change and it's not always a bad thing - it can be very good. I've had many friends come and go in the past few years and it's always a struggle to distance yourself from those that you were once close to. Holding on to a friend that makes you feel shitty or doesn't seem to appreciate the mutuality required in a friendship is painful as you become more and more certain that this person chooses to do other things aside from spending time with you. We all experience this - we can all think of one person we've grown distant from. At some point, though, you have to ask yourself: Can I live with not being close to this person again? Give yourself some time and space and if the answer is yes...then it's time to let go.
I used to think that blood is thicker than water...but as I become older, I realize that family are people too and they're entitled to their mistakes. Sometimes when a family member is not holding up their end of the bargain, all you want to do is help them - save them. But it's not always that easy...with family, there is the assumption that this person will ALWAYS be there. What I've learned recently is that even with family, there needs to be some boundaries set - you need to distinguish the clear boundary between what is acceptable and what is not. When it starts to harm you in more ways than one (emotionally, mentally or physically)...then you might have to distance yourself from that person.
What can I live with? With friends, family, bf.. I will try my best to help in every way I can if you should find yourself in trouble... but if you make a huge mistake knowingly... and you make it twice...then I can live with not having you in my life.
With friendships, I know sometimes it's hard to let go of people you've grown close to throughout the years. But people change and it's not always a bad thing - it can be very good. I've had many friends come and go in the past few years and it's always a struggle to distance yourself from those that you were once close to. Holding on to a friend that makes you feel shitty or doesn't seem to appreciate the mutuality required in a friendship is painful as you become more and more certain that this person chooses to do other things aside from spending time with you. We all experience this - we can all think of one person we've grown distant from. At some point, though, you have to ask yourself: Can I live with not being close to this person again? Give yourself some time and space and if the answer is yes...then it's time to let go.
I used to think that blood is thicker than water...but as I become older, I realize that family are people too and they're entitled to their mistakes. Sometimes when a family member is not holding up their end of the bargain, all you want to do is help them - save them. But it's not always that easy...with family, there is the assumption that this person will ALWAYS be there. What I've learned recently is that even with family, there needs to be some boundaries set - you need to distinguish the clear boundary between what is acceptable and what is not. When it starts to harm you in more ways than one (emotionally, mentally or physically)...then you might have to distance yourself from that person.
What can I live with? With friends, family, bf.. I will try my best to help in every way I can if you should find yourself in trouble... but if you make a huge mistake knowingly... and you make it twice...then I can live with not having you in my life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home