..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What's the Rush?

As I wished Laurie a Happy Birthday on Monday, I realized that she is 25 - which means that I'm going to be 25 this year....which ALSO means that I've got a list of "things to do before I'm 25" to fulfill. eeps...

As most of my friends are getting married and buying homes... I find that I'm falling a bit behind - behind still in school and thinking about paying off my OSAP loan instead of saving for a down payment. SS is at a completely different state than I am...but I feel as if I'm not there yet - I'm not even close.

I think there comes a point in your life where you kind of say to yourself, "Oh man.. I should get my life started." I'm dreading that day...I know it's coming. I feel as if I SHOULD be keeping up - but I am held back in the pursuit of my education. I find myself asking "What's the rush?" and then I have to stop myself and REMIND myself that I'm going to be a quarter-century old. lol.

I mean, people are out getting jobs and I'm still a year away from finishing school! People have HOMES at my age...

Can you say PRESSURE!?!

3 Comments:

  • great updates!

    okay my comment is: there is NO outside pressure- just the inside noise we make in our own heads.

    i notice the minute you share what your pursuing and whats making you happy in the moment, people that matter instantly share in the happiness.

    ...it feels like the engagments and property buying is happening at this (st)AGE :S but when you look at each situation, the move was just in time for the couple's relationship as A WHOLE.

    the consquence of your choices are that your timeline going to be totally different but that's OKAY! it's a good thing if it makes you happy.

    you're crazy- to be in school tho! haha just kidding!

    By Blogger Nadie, at 11:24 AM  

  • p.s. the rush? is life- you gotta seize each moment! we dont have forever!!!!!! now wait, that doesn't mean that we have to start popping out babies now HAHAHA but if we want to accomplish certain things we have to find out what's stopping us from starting NOW.

    grab what you want before it's not there anymore.

    once you learn what and who makes you happy, you gotta keep them around. so i guess for these couples...when you find that someone, "you want the rest of your life with them to begin now."

    By Blogger Nadie, at 11:28 AM  

  • if it's any consolation, you'll continue feeling the same pressure up until you turn 30. and it only gets worse when you get married too - everyone thinks you should have had a kid YESTERDAY.

    the way i see it, you've got to go at your own pace, and not feel shamed or pressured into making decisions that you're not ready for, mentally, financially or otherwise. don't let anything else influence you, nor should you start thinking about school in a negative light. you've got plenty of time to make good on your other plans. you've just got to block all those other noises out, and do what's right for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home