..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Sunday, January 22, 2006

What's up with Romance?

The other night SS and I got into a "heated discussion" about romance and our relationship. Of course, the debate starts off with us recognizing that we both have very different defintions of "romance." And when I write about whether or not romance is dead, I'm not just blaming the guy... I'm talking about in general...do those romantic gestures that we read in fairy tales as kids just seem corny to us now? We're just always looking for something more... exciting.

When two people first get together, there is this genuine, raw, mutual INTEREST that exists. At that "crush" stage, you're initially trying to get to know each other and so listening because absolutely necessary. In our primary instincts, we realize that if we LISTEN to the other person and try to become everything they need and desire, then ultimately, the end result will be good. However...after three years, you realize that you can get away with being not so interested.

I recently had my third year anniversary and... believe it or not...I completely forgot. SS showed up at my house with flowers and I asked him what they were for... DOH! What's happened to me?! I'm the QUEEN of remembering the details! And yet, on this special day...I had no idea! Of course, SS used my remorse to his advantage and got a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card for whenever he forgets. lol.

The question here is: When did this become acceptable!? Here I am, getting up with my bf about not whisking me away for the weekend and I can't even remember our anniversary! We definitely have different definitions of romance... I don't know where I'm heading with this - I think I started off this blog hoping to argue that we needed more romance.. and then I realize I am guilty of being un-romantic too!! Well, I'll take it in stride.. and learned something from it. =) The question here is: When did this become acceptable!? Here I am, getting up with my bf about not whisking me away for the weekend and I can't even remember our anniversary! We definitely have different definitions of romance...

I don't know where I'm heading with this - I think I started off this blog hoping to argue that we needed more romance.. and then I realize I am guilty of being un-romantic too!! Well, I'll take it in stride.. and learned something from it. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home