..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Amazing Race

Yesterday's Amazing Race results really pleased me. The couple that worked BEST together won. Here's my analysis of why the others didn't win.

Rob and Amber
Although I was rooting for this team the MOST, I must say, they didn't really deserve to win. Aside from Rob's persistence and great street smarts, the roles in that relationship are quite slanted. You have Rob the macho and Amber the typical submissive woman. She made NO decisions throughout the game and let Rob lead them to victory. They are quite perfect for each other, I think because someone like Rob needs someone like Amber, and vice versa.

Ron and Kelly
Well, what was wrong with this couple was clear from the start. Ron is a bit arrogant and Kelly is a beauty queen who is obsessed with what other people think of her. At the end, she said, "I'm just a typical girl who wants to get married and he's just the typical guy who's not ready for commitment." Hmm...they argued constantly and just didn't seem to connect the way the other couples did. There wasn't much affection and it was kind of sad to see them start off calling eachother "hunny" to saying "shut-up" to each other after every comment.

Then there's Uchenna and Joyce...there were moments of tension between them but you could tell they were both on the same page. The way that they comforted each other and made decisions together...was admirable. There's a balance that needs to take place in relationships and leave it up to television to bring that out in a reality tv show about racing around the world.

2 Comments:

  • OMG! MANDY my mom and i were JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH JOY!! It was such a HOT show, a truly AMAZING RACE!

    I was rooting for those two all along but I will admit that Rob and Amber were GREAT competitors. They played the game well although I did NOT like there style at all. WHY DO THEY NEED ANOTHER MILL!?!?!?
    GRRRR and all those trips they won coming in first place--dont get me started!

    I like Joyce and Euchenna cause their reason for winning was so heartfelt, they desperately want to have a child. Once Joyce shaved her head I knew luck was on their side and I'm sure they'll be visited by a stork sometime soon :D

    By Blogger Nadie, at 11:45 PM  

  • That's what I mean... I think they totally deserved to win. Although, I just read an article in the star about how the Amazing Race is sooooooo staged. hahah - Who cares!? It's darn entertaining! I was on the edge of my seat :) I wonder when the next one will be coming out...

    By Blogger Mandy Lam, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home