A Little Lie Goes a Long Way
The truth hurts sometimes...
but a lie hurts more.
When you look at me and tell me the truth,
I am distracted by your falsehood.
Instead of letting me experience
the temporary sting of a bee,
It has become the parasite that is within me,
infectuous and unrelenting.
I hardly recognize your face,
I hardly find comfort in your voice of reason..
"Everybody makes mistakes"
Some live to tell others about the lesson...
What you don't know won't hurt you
One day, I'll do the same.
And I'll be sure...
To tell you all about it...
but a lie hurts more.
When you look at me and tell me the truth,
I am distracted by your falsehood.
Instead of letting me experience
the temporary sting of a bee,
It has become the parasite that is within me,
infectuous and unrelenting.
I hardly recognize your face,
I hardly find comfort in your voice of reason..
"Everybody makes mistakes"
Some live to tell others about the lesson...
What you don't know won't hurt you
One day, I'll do the same.
And I'll be sure...
To tell you all about it...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home