Girl's Best Friend: THE SPA
Much to my surprise, while I was driving with a girlfriend out to lunch, she mentions that she has a gift certificate that is way past due for a day of indulgence at the spa. As she starts to tell her story, I realize that I too have an unused gift certificate thanks to a bf who thought I might like to indulge in some chocolate. So the both of us have "Clueless" moment in the car, scream hysterically, and plan for a full-day at the spa. We book the afternoon off at work and spend literally 5 hours at the local spa.
For those of you who have NEVER gone, I HIGHLY recommend it. We both got different treatments and were separated early in the session (thank God because we had to get nikked for the treatment!). So for the few moments that we had together in the change room, we discussed our excitement of being pampered, when we would meet up for pedicures, and of course, the awkward shape of the disposal panties that were distributed to us along with our robes and towels.
I got the Thai Relaxation Treatment that literally lasted an hour and a half. I tell you.. it was quite pleasurable. The lady gave me a complete body exfoliation (she would be the FIFTH person in my entire life to see me nikked and that's including my parents!) and then gave me a half hour massage with hot stones. At first, it felt like she was burning my skin off... but after a while, I got used to the heat and nearly passed out.
After the massage, my gf and I met up and got pedicures. I think it was more awkward for her because her feet were being massaged by a former classmate of hers from high school!! They gave me a fruit smoothie made from yogurt - they took the chance on me even though I told them I was lactose intolerant (I was told where all the bathrooms on the floor were located). Anyway, we get into a discussion about our treatments and then we casually mention to the estheticians about how awkward those disposable panties were! Of course, that's when we are utterly humiliated and realize that they were not panties, but THONGS.. and we had derobed in front of the massage ladies wearing our underwear backwards. I knew that there was no way that could have been right!!
I chose a hot red colour for my toes and I have to tell you, even a week later, I find myself stepping out of the shower and feeling like my feet are completely foreign. They don't even look real. Anyway...despite the embarassing moments (which tend to happen when you're out with the likes of MOI) and the awkward panties, the spa experience was quite enjoyable and relaxing. From now on, that'll be the gift I give to all my lady friends! :) Spa days for everyone!
For those of you who have NEVER gone, I HIGHLY recommend it. We both got different treatments and were separated early in the session (thank God because we had to get nikked for the treatment!). So for the few moments that we had together in the change room, we discussed our excitement of being pampered, when we would meet up for pedicures, and of course, the awkward shape of the disposal panties that were distributed to us along with our robes and towels.
I got the Thai Relaxation Treatment that literally lasted an hour and a half. I tell you.. it was quite pleasurable. The lady gave me a complete body exfoliation (she would be the FIFTH person in my entire life to see me nikked and that's including my parents!) and then gave me a half hour massage with hot stones. At first, it felt like she was burning my skin off... but after a while, I got used to the heat and nearly passed out.
After the massage, my gf and I met up and got pedicures. I think it was more awkward for her because her feet were being massaged by a former classmate of hers from high school!! They gave me a fruit smoothie made from yogurt - they took the chance on me even though I told them I was lactose intolerant (I was told where all the bathrooms on the floor were located). Anyway, we get into a discussion about our treatments and then we casually mention to the estheticians about how awkward those disposable panties were! Of course, that's when we are utterly humiliated and realize that they were not panties, but THONGS.. and we had derobed in front of the massage ladies wearing our underwear backwards. I knew that there was no way that could have been right!!
I chose a hot red colour for my toes and I have to tell you, even a week later, I find myself stepping out of the shower and feeling like my feet are completely foreign. They don't even look real. Anyway...despite the embarassing moments (which tend to happen when you're out with the likes of MOI) and the awkward panties, the spa experience was quite enjoyable and relaxing. From now on, that'll be the gift I give to all my lady friends! :) Spa days for everyone!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home