If That Mood Should Hit Ya...
I'm listening to the new Esthero song and I must say - I LOVE Esthero.. however, while I was singing along to this new ditty, I realized what it was all about and I was shocked. Nevertheless, I just realized why sometimes lyrics kind of ruin the song.
Anyway, the song is about wanting to ignite and old flame.. in a sexual way. Basically she is saying that if he wants to come back for sex, he's welcome because she feels the tension herself. hm...not exactly the kind of song that I'll want to play in front of my mother, that's for sure!
Doesn't it bother you sometimes that media has become so sexualized that you're almost numb to it now? I mean, they play this song on the radio - it's highly spun right now because the beat is good and it's new - but you know, teenagers are listening to this amazing artist singing about wanting sex from another woman's man (who used to be hers - so that makes it right, how??)
So yeah..I still love the song - perhaps because of my numb parts but hey...just thought I'd rant about how it's everywhere and I can't really escape it. Sex is everywhere - no wonder nobody values it anymore... it's practically FREE.
Anyway, the song is about wanting to ignite and old flame.. in a sexual way. Basically she is saying that if he wants to come back for sex, he's welcome because she feels the tension herself. hm...not exactly the kind of song that I'll want to play in front of my mother, that's for sure!
Doesn't it bother you sometimes that media has become so sexualized that you're almost numb to it now? I mean, they play this song on the radio - it's highly spun right now because the beat is good and it's new - but you know, teenagers are listening to this amazing artist singing about wanting sex from another woman's man (who used to be hers - so that makes it right, how??)
So yeah..I still love the song - perhaps because of my numb parts but hey...just thought I'd rant about how it's everywhere and I can't really escape it. Sex is everywhere - no wonder nobody values it anymore... it's practically FREE.


2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Nadie, at 1:14 PM
INTERSTING!
sidenote: I LOVE Esthero! I have yet to hear her lastest release but this sounds like an interesing track.
On the flip side-- is sex something that we should hide or be secret about? I find when we make things become TABOO or secret it makes it easier for lies, assumptions--all that good bad stuff, grow.
it would be nice to go back to Adam and Eve type freedom. loving and celebrating sex, knowing the facts, how to protect yourself and most of all ENJOY yourself.
then, ironically, it wouldn't be such a big girly giggle big deal!
By
Nadie, at 1:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home