..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Housing Dilemmas!

I'm hoping and praying that this year ends quickly...so many problems have arose in the past few months that I don't even have time to think straight. My mother's predictions for the year of the rooster must've have had some validity!

So as some of you may know already, my parents are building a new house and we are moving again. Except...our house has been delayed twice and as of next month, we won't have a place to live! We've sold the house we are living in now and they have delayed our move in date until NOVEMBER! Oy...so if you know of any apartment buildings that are willing to rent out for a couple of months without a lease, please contact me! :)

So this new house is definitely going to be a change for our family. My family is already changing as it is...we are having a new addition this February when my sister has her baby. I'm excited to be an aunt...although, I know that there are going to be some challenges as to who is going to sleep where! I already know that I don't have a room in the house... but this time, I won't even have the basement! So it's either I stay in Waterloo forever, or I'm going to have to go back to sharing a room with my brother. haha :)

The one thing I've learned from this past year so far is that you can never really plan anything in life. As much as you try to figure everything out, it's just not ever going to happen the way that you want it to. I remember being 15 and writing down a list of things to do before I'm 25... I had all my goals set...and now that I'm almost 24, I find that I missed the essentials... like learning how to swim! hahaha! I guess I should definitely learn to appreciate the smaller goals..instead of trying to figure out the future.

We're all growing up...dare I say that in the next year, I'll officially be in my "late" 20's! AHH!

4 Comments:

  • hold up! "late" twenties eh?
    that's crazy?? i'm not sure the world is ready for us adults! hahaha
    craziness!

    and remember you prediction mandy?? the magically age of 27. hee hee!

    By Blogger Nadie, at 11:22 AM  

  • scrap the plans.....don't plan.. well you gotta plan when it comes to money and all that nonsense.....anyhoo the best moments of my life have been unplanned that tells you something. mandy for god sake live and don't worry .... i've said that many times too you , you're a star girl . peace. -alf

    By Blogger alf, at 8:58 PM  

  • ... what are you talking about LATE 20s?!?!?! last time i checked we're only turning 25 next year, mandy! yeesh! life isn't supposed to start till you're 30 - isn't that what the saying is? :OP

    as for plans... i've stopped planning a long time ago - i think that life is too short to be making plans over every minute detail. as long as the bare essentials are covered, you're pretty much covered :oP because really, plans are for the adventurously-challenged, mandy. embrace the mystery! ;o)

    ps - on a random note, i'm craving koh-i-noor! lol

    By Blogger mamastella, at 11:42 PM  

  • The last time I checked, if you round 25 up to the nearest 10th, it is 30!!!! AHHH!!!

    Stella, Koh-I-Nor is now Kismet Restaurant. I went there yesterday and met Abu and his family!!! They are now a fast-food joint... same quality food though and great service. Come on up to Waterloo and we'll have some butter chicken, keema motor, and chicken tikka! (yes, all in one sitting). hahaha!

    By Blogger Mandy Lam, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home