School Vs. Work
Although I've never really stopped working while I'm in school, I must admit, I feel more comfortable in the work environment than I do in the academic setting. Lately, I've been feeling as if I'm not cut out for this much school - or perhaps, I'm feeling a bit burnt out. I think it's my refusal to adopt the acadamic lingo and talk like I'm a pompous over-achiever. It's just not working for me! It's all about saying one thing but using 20 thousand words to explain it.
Work... I've always had a sense of security at work because I know I work hard and well. I never have to deal with issues of incompetency at work.. not like I do at school. You're never graded at work with a percentage that begs the question, "Where did the 0.8 come from?"
I know that all this venting is going to subside eventually. Perhaps (here's to hoping) I'll become more comfortable at school and learn to be a sheep...follow the crowd and start using bigger words! Man.. I sure do wish things were simpler...
Work... I've always had a sense of security at work because I know I work hard and well. I never have to deal with issues of incompetency at work.. not like I do at school. You're never graded at work with a percentage that begs the question, "Where did the 0.8 come from?"
I know that all this venting is going to subside eventually. Perhaps (here's to hoping) I'll become more comfortable at school and learn to be a sheep...follow the crowd and start using bigger words! Man.. I sure do wish things were simpler...


2 Comments:
Positions available at Creative Weblogging
Perhaps anther sign of the size and growth in blogs, Creative Weblogging has a number of behind the scenes positions for those interested in working for a blog network.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a merchant account site. It pretty much covers merchant account related stuff.
Come and check it out when you get time :-)
By
Anonymous, at 4:44 PM
of course, if things were more simple, life would be far too easy :o)
By
mamastella, at 1:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home