..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Am I Now a Frosh.... again?

As you know, I just started grad school this week...well, it was orientation week but it feels like I'm starting university all over again. All the feelings that I had during frosh week came crashing down on me as I entered the orientation room to find 30 other nervous grad students waiting for the prof to arrive. We all got our "package" folder with the campus map, a guide book, an agenda, and lots of goodies - like the infamous "walksafe" keychain.

It just seems like I've come full circle again! Didn't I do this five years ago!? omg.. it was FIVE years ago. Today I went to see my office..which I share with 12 other grad students..it's basically a huge meeting room with 12 desks. :) Then I went to take care of my OSAP and realized that after submitting everything in JULY, I had forgotten to sign the damned papers! LOL. So yeah.. it does feel like I'm frosh all over again.

I don't know...it seems like I'm in school to delay the inevitable "next step" in my life. I know that I'm supposed to get a job eventually and start paying off my OSAP but I can never get used to the idea...it's frightening! I mean, me? making adult decisions??? Help!

Anyway.. it was a great orientation and I got to meet a lot of people. But you'll be proud to know that I'm already skipping... in fact, today, I fell asleep and woke up at 6pm - only to realize that I completely missed the grad dinner at The Mongolian Grill! Yes yes...it's starting again... those mid-afternoon naps. :)

8 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger mamastella, at 10:18 PM  

  • ... and all this time i thought we were a team on the whole skipping thing, mandy! LOL

    btw, i'm quite shocked that you missed out on food! :oP glad to hear you're back in the game, well... for the parts that you were actually awake for :oP teehee!

    hope this term is nothing short of fabulous mandy!

    btw... any hot boys worth mentioning? lol

    By Blogger mamastella, at 10:19 PM  

  • Stella,

    You know that there is only that one RARE guy that's hot in our program at all!!! I'm sorry to say that I'm sorely disappointed in the eye-candy availability at the grad level. What am I doing to do? HOw am I going to get through the days!? LOL

    By Blogger Mandy Lam, at 5:44 AM  

  • OMG you missed MONGOLIAN GRILL! Are you crazy!?!?!
    J/K-ing!

    Speaking of trying to get a job and paying off OSAP, um that's what I'm doing and it's pretty frightening and EXCITING to pay off OSAP, cause I feel like the amount is decreasing- HAHAHA!
    But frightening cause it's kinda like rent.....:P

    haha you're in it for another year- you got MAN BALLS my friend! I'm sure the exciting part is yet to come.

    By Blogger Nadie, at 9:21 PM  

  • lol how do you get through the days? well... there's always day dreaming of tom welling... and of course um, our beloved orlando... hahahaha! and if that fails, you could always start planning weddings - ya know, all the wonderful stuff that kept us busy while we were on coop together (teehee!)

    ... anyway, you'd think there'd be more eye-candy to look at in grad school, eh? doh.

    hmm. so, how are the froshies this year? LOL (JOKING!)

    By Blogger mamastella, at 3:54 PM  

  • hey mandy, good luck with grad school......i can't imagine going back to school at this point in the game , mad respect....... and the real world ain't that bad, just remember when you step into it (work i mean , not soem deillusion lol) have soemthing else on the side whether it be creative,
    spiritual, some sort of hobby ya know cause that's where the balance lies....i know it's hard when you're in school cause you gotta focus but don;t go crazy over it! -peace-----alfredo

    By Blogger alf, at 10:14 AM  

  • First off... STELLA...you're a perv. hahaha :) The frosh are WAY too young for us.. i mean...YOU. LOL

    Secondly...thanks for all the words of encouragement guys.. I'm gonna need it! I just hope I don't become an academic snob or anything and start using words that even *I* don't understand... err...

    What gets me through the day is knowing that one day, I'll marry Orlando and we'll have wonderful mixed babies together...OMG... did I just say ORLANDO? I meant Seb. LOL.. :)

    By Blogger Mandy Lam, at 2:15 PM  

  • ... mandy! *gasp* i am so not a perv! LOL

    By Blogger mamastella, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home