"Flooding of Events"
It seems like I haven't been to BlogSpot in a while! Here is an entry of updates.
First off, I went to see my graduate advisor about my conditional acceptance into my Masters and well...let's just say that I was sorely disappointed that this woman was the one advising graduate students on their course of education. Not only was she rude, she was unhelpful and completely arrogant. I won't go into details because well...I've been over it a million times and it only makes me more and more frustrated when I think about it.
Secondly, the valedictory talk-off went great. I didn't get it but there were nine of us competing and I believe I came pretty close. The girl that won had an awesome speech so I don't feel so bad about losing - at least I lost to someone with SOME sort of writing talent! :) All jokes aside, she had a great speech and I look forward to hearing the final version of it at convocation. In the end.. it was an honour to be nominated... (hehe)
Thirdly, I am just itching to be DONE school. I cannot believe that there are only two more weeks of classes left... and then exams of course...I'm heading for extreme stress for the next two weeks so if I'm a bit crabby - forgive me, friends...it is the hormonal imbalance within me.
To top off this horrible month that I've been having, the basement is flooded, once again. The worst it's ever been....and I always feel as if it is my responsibility to fix it. I've been on the phone with the landlord all day.. had a confrontation with her.. and am now fuming room - and I just realized I'm late for class. Oy... the flood in the basement represent my inner turmoil...
Sorry for such a negative entry.. but I've been avoiding this site for the past week...waiting for a calmer time to write where I'm not swearing like a sailor. :)
Hoping for a turn of events soon...
First off, I went to see my graduate advisor about my conditional acceptance into my Masters and well...let's just say that I was sorely disappointed that this woman was the one advising graduate students on their course of education. Not only was she rude, she was unhelpful and completely arrogant. I won't go into details because well...I've been over it a million times and it only makes me more and more frustrated when I think about it.
Secondly, the valedictory talk-off went great. I didn't get it but there were nine of us competing and I believe I came pretty close. The girl that won had an awesome speech so I don't feel so bad about losing - at least I lost to someone with SOME sort of writing talent! :) All jokes aside, she had a great speech and I look forward to hearing the final version of it at convocation. In the end.. it was an honour to be nominated... (hehe)
Thirdly, I am just itching to be DONE school. I cannot believe that there are only two more weeks of classes left... and then exams of course...I'm heading for extreme stress for the next two weeks so if I'm a bit crabby - forgive me, friends...it is the hormonal imbalance within me.
To top off this horrible month that I've been having, the basement is flooded, once again. The worst it's ever been....and I always feel as if it is my responsibility to fix it. I've been on the phone with the landlord all day.. had a confrontation with her.. and am now fuming room - and I just realized I'm late for class. Oy... the flood in the basement represent my inner turmoil...
Sorry for such a negative entry.. but I've been avoiding this site for the past week...waiting for a calmer time to write where I'm not swearing like a sailor. :)
Hoping for a turn of events soon...


2 Comments:
i'll swear for you-- HOLY SHIT BATMAN! that sucks!
talk about pathetic fallacy! :D hahaha
stay clam, mans! stay calm!
By
Nadie, at 11:00 PM
hahaha - thanks Nad...felt good to hear someone else swear! :)
I'm trying to stay calm...we don't want to see high-school Mandy come out again...lol.
By
Mandy Lam, at 8:40 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home