..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Searching for Certainty

Amidst all this uncertainty, I'm just looking towards something stable..something concrete...something I know is going to stay the same. But the harder I look, the more I realize that NOTHING is ever stable, nothing is forever the same. Uncertainty is something that we live with on a daily basis...and we are on a never-ending quest to find this certain feeling that tells us everything is going to be okay.

If we cannot make up our minds about the easy every day decisions - like where to have lunch or which coffee shop to go to - how can we possibly feel comfortable making big decisions?

Right now, I feel so confused and lost...looking for answers in all the wrong places. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. It's that age where all you want is that certainty and confidence you felt five years ago. At times, I feel like I'm still that 15 year our who is so scared of the world. Just as I was getting comfortable...graduation is near and there are bigger decisions to make.

Do you think there is such thing as certainty in life? Are there certain things you can be sure of?

1 Comments:

  • You're right, there's probably not very much that's certain about life.

    However, I do think that a bit of confidence in your ability and/or willingness to adapt to the *result* of your decisions (and perhaps faith in a thing or two larger than yourself) can go a long way toward alleviating some of the fear; after all, those uncertainties might also be the vivid excitement of possibility...

    By Blogger elvensilver, at 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home