..::More or Less... this is Me::..

Friday, April 29, 2005

Can I Wear Track Pants to Work?

Okay, so I haven't written in a while and it's only because I've been so freakin' busy running around doing anything and everything. I thought that completing my undergraduate degree meant that I could really start to celebrate and think about other things in my life.... but this whole experience has been extremely overrated.

I took a week off and went back to Toronto. :) Had some fun with the girls (party of six!) and got to do some good ol' fashion Big City shopping. Then, I played taxi for the rest of the week and now I'm back in Waterpooh. So what's new and exciting in Waterpooh? Absolutely NOTHING.

My masters application is beginning to see the light again and am now - get this - 0.1% below the required minimum. After writing to some professors about increasing my grades, I believe one prof is letting me re-write a paper to increase my overall avg. to 0.05% below the required minimum - oh joy.... i get to rewrite a paper for almost NOTHING. Oh well, she has been the most helpful throughout this entire process. One step closer to doing MORE school. A part of me really thinks I should have taken some time off... and perhaps the reason this process is taking so long is because it's forcing me to RETHINK my whole decision to spend an extra $20,000 for ONE year of school when I could be making so much more money working.

As for work, I start on Monday - so much for the big BREAK...heck, I look forward to making some big bucks again, though. I can start to feed my painful shopping habit again. :)

I know this sounds like a bag of complaints but there is a bright side to all of this. Today, I am sitting around the house in my favourite track pants - just watched all the tv shows I've taped for the week and snacking on some fruit roll-ups. haha :) I was thinking of running errands today but I've quickly decided to put that thought out of my head.

Looking forward to summer...lots of weddings to attend which means I've got to start going to the gym again. Ack. Anybody doing anything interesting this summer so that I can live vicariously through you??? :)

1 Comments:

  • if you'd like to live vicariously through my trip to the maratimes and the philippines, by all means, mandy! hehe ;o)

    awww chica, i sure am going to miss you and your excellent note-writing abilities next year :o(

    have a great summer, and stay happy!

    By Blogger mamastella, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home